Friday, December 4, 2009

Ladies...eye makeup tips?

Interested to know what types of eye makeup people use? Brands, colors etc. Specifically liner and shadow.





I grew up in an era where the more, the better. Obviously I do not use tons anymore but...


I seem to stick with the same colors all the time and dont really even think they look good on me. When I try new colors, I'm not sure I like them either.





I have medium skin tone, dark brown hair and blueish/green eyes.





I tend to stick to black liner (but only wear it on my top lid, I like how some women look with it on their bottom lid as well, but somehow I feel I look trashy that way)


I use mostly shades of plum for shadow.





Also, I cant seem to maintain the look all day without re-applying, which is such a drag.





Any suggestions or good websites which show various eye colors which go well with different shades of makeup. And applying tips would help also.





I'd also like to know what you all use for applying shadow. The brush it comes with? Q-tips? Thanks.Ladies...eye makeup tips?
I have medium brown hair, fair-med skin, and blue/green eyes. I always use a pencil liner to my top lid first. I like Almay, and Covergirl - usually dark brown. Then I take an eyeshadow a little lighter than my liner, (whatever tone of nuetral I feel like wearing that day whether it's a copper brown, greenish brown, or brown-brown) and brush it just on the bottom - right over the liner; then I add some more shadow to the brush (the one that came with the shadow, OR a seperate one I bought with a skinnier side) and blend it using upward strokes. This is how you get the smokey effect. Once I'm done blending the one eye then I just take whatever is left on the brush and rub it across my lower lid. It's suddle but noticeable - gives you the liner underneath without looking trashy. I then move to the other eye and finish blending that side and move to the lower lid of that eye. After all that I grab whatever shade I want to use on my entire lid and apply - try to avoid going too much over the liner blending you just did. I usually use a shade a bit darker than my skin tone but not too dark or it will look trashy. I usually use CoverGirl or Almay products. After you've done both sides take whatever color you used for blending, apply to a skinny sided brush, and draw a fine line in the crease of your eye (between your eyebrow and your lower lid) going from the outside where your liner stops to about the middle of your crease. This can be tricky but if you mess up just blend it in with the color you used on your entire lid. This trick adds definition to your eye and will make them pop! You can omit this step and your eyes will still look great! When you're done with that you're ready for the finishing touches. Use a light color.. about the color of your skin and apply from the bottom of the eyebrow to the top of your definition line (on the top of your eye lid). If you really want to go all-out grab a color lighter than that and draw a line just below your eyebrow, and dust the inside corners of your eye. This will make people gravitate to your eyes without knowing why except that they're beautiful. Don't forget to curl your eye lashes, and use mascara - I always rub the side of the mascara brush on the outside of the tube to avoid clumps. POINTER.. always apply blush after doing your eyes to wipe away eye shadow powder from your cheeks.





SO.. (hope this helps) going from the top of your eye to the bottom it should go something like this...





*Right underneath the brow - the lightest (shimmery color)


*Brow to crease of eye - light color about the same as your skin or a bit lighter.


*Crease - dark, same color that went over your liner or a tish lighter.


*Entire lid - a color a little darker than your skin. Avoid going too dark or it will look trashy.


*Liner area - Liner with your dark color blended over it.


*Bottom lid - whatever was left on your brush after blending.


*Inside corner of eye - a dab of the same light, shimmery color you used just under your eyebrow.





YOU'LL BE THE BELL OF THE BALL!Ladies...eye makeup tips?
Eye-liner will definately dramatize your eyes. But use it only on the top lid. And brown colors will also make your eyes have that wow look!!! I use brown colors myself and it works, since I have blue-green eyes too! Report Abuse

try going to www.covergirl.com and it will help you out...it will give you tips and everything...i went there and it helped me out alot. i hope it helps you..
I'm very pale with dark eyes and hair. I don't use eye liner but crayon and kohl. For day, I apply a very thin line right next to my eyelashes and smudge it a bit, and a bit of dark grey shadow right under the lower eyelid. I use beige shadow as base, and some light colored shadows, and shimmery white near inner corner of the eye (in a very small amount). For night, I use darker shades, grey, something between grey and voilet, plum etc.


My favorite brands are Lancome, Chanel and Art Deco.
Here's a link to a site with tips and tricks. Another big plus is that this make-up is actually good for your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy